FDA's updated contact lens advice
- Stop using Bausch and Lomb ReNu with MoistureLoc products and discard all remaining MoistureLoc solution including partially used or opened bottles.
- Consult your eye care professional concerning use of an appropriate alternative cleaning/disinfecting product.
- Consider performing a "rub and rinse" lens cleaning method, rather than a no rub method, regardless of which cleaning/disinfecting solution used, in order to minimize the number of germs and reduce the chances of infection.
- Continue to follow proper lens care practices:
- Wash hands with soap and water, and dry (lint-free method) before handling lenses.
- Wear and replace lenses according to the schedule prescribed by the doctor.
- Follow the specific lens cleaning and storage guidelines from the doctor and the solution manufacturer.
- Keep the contact lens case clean and replace every 3-6 months.
Remove the lenses and consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms such as redness, pain, tearing, increased light sensitivity, blurry vision, discharge, or swelling.